April 17, 2020
Dear Campers, Parents of Campers, Staff, and Supporters of Palmetto Bible Camp,
We are living in unprecedented times as we endure the COVID-19 pandemic. The impacts have affected everyone. Since the safety and health of our campers and staff remains our highest priority at PBC, the Palmetto Bible Camp Board of Directors have decided to cancel our 1st Week, 2nd Week, and 3rd Week camping sessions for 2020. This was not an easy decision to make but was made after much prayer and discussion.
That’s the bad news. The GOOD NEWS is that we are currently continuing with our plans to hold 4th Week through 7th Week as scheduled. We continue to monitor the situation and will inform you immediately if our plan changes as we intend to remain in compliance with instructions from the CDC and other state and local governmental agencies.
What You Should Do
- If you have registered for 1st Week, 2nd Week, or 3rd Week you will receive an email in the coming weeks on how to cancel your registration and get a full refund, or gift your registration fee as a donation to PBC, or use your registration fee to change your registration to a different week. The email you provided in the registration process will be the email used to communicate this information.
- If you have registered for 4th Week, 5th Week, 6th Week, or 7th Week you do not need to do anything. If for any reason you decide to cancel your registration for these weeks due to COVID-19 concerns, you will receive a full refund unless you determine to gift your registration fee to PBC. For now, please wait a few weeks to determine your situation and we will communicate soon the process to cancel your registration if you so desire.
- Please pray for our board as we seek to make wise decisions about PBC and our plans.
- Please consider serving at a week of camp. Our weekly servants are our most prized asset. More information on this can be found below or on our website (www.pbc.camp).
- Please give financially. Registrations have been slower than normal because of this crisis. We still have bills to pay and obligations to fulfill. As a non-profit agency we financially depend highly on camper registrations as an important portion of our income. With the cancellation of the first three weeks of camp, there will be a large negative impact. If all of camp is cancelled, the need will become even more severe. You may visit our website (www.pbc.camp) to give online or mail your gift to the PBC Bookkeeper at 126 Chatham Cir, Madison, AL 35758. Please make checks payable to “PBC”. A “General Donation” is what is needed most at this time.
Information on 4th – 7th Weeks
For those who planned to attend or serve during 1st – 3rd weeks, please look into our other weeks which are still currently scheduled to occur. If you desire to communicate with the director of these weeks to gather specific information about these weeks, please contact them directly. The director of the week and his contact information is provided below.
4th Week (July 5th -July 11th): Kent Massey, firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Week (July 12th-July 18th: Adam Richardson, email@example.com
6th Week (July 19th-July 25th): Mike Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Week (July 26th – Aug. 1st): Robin Akers, email@example.com
This crisis has reminded us that much of life is out of our control. However, one thing remains constant—God is in control! Because He is, we are not shaken.
I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 16:8 (ESV)
Thank you for your overwhelming support of PBC and for demonstrating the love of God! Don’t forget, registration for 4th Week through 7th Week is still ongoing! Register today to reserve your spot at PBC Registration.
You and your families are in our hearts and on our minds and in our prayers daily as we adjust to a world full of rapid change and increasing concern caused by the coronavirus pandemic. On behalf of Palmetto Bible Camp Board of Directors,
Chairman of the Board